After winning a structured settlement, your situation might have changed. Maybe you need more cash now and are wondering how much your structured settlement is worth. There are a few things to consider.
If you’ve never sold a structured settlement before, you probably have a lot of questions. At Silver Dollar Financial, we can help clear up any confusion. We specialized in structured settlement funding so that you have the money you need.
Getting cash for a structured settlement involves a complicated formula. Give us a call today to find out what yours is worth. Call (844) 871-0628 any time — 24 hours a day. If you want more information first, the information below will help you determine your settlement’s worth.
How Can You Calculate a Structured Settlement’s Worth?
The worth of your settlement depends on its present value. As time goes on, the cost of a dollar increases. You will need to consider inflation when thinking about your settlement value.
Other factors that determine structured settlement worth include:
- The date of your next payment
- The start and end years for your payments
- The dollar amount of your payments
- How many payments you have left
The above are just a few of the total factors. Unfortunately, you cannot calculate your structured settlement worth by adding up all payments. The time value of money (TVM) also matters.
Based on TVM, any money you will receive later is worth less than if you received it today. If someone has to wait months or years for a sum of money, that money won’t be worth the same.
Click to contact the Silver Dollar Financial Team today or Call (844)871-0628
Does Inflation Affect My Structured Settlement Worth?
Yes. Let’s look at an example:
- Another driver injured you in an auto accident when you were a child.
- Your parents set up a structured settlement to pay out over the next 20 years.
- The payments are set at $10,000 per year for the 20 years. You currently have 15 years left.
- Fifteen years at $10,000 per year would be $150,000. However, a new set of payments five years later will be worth less.
- The present value of your payments will have to account for inflation.
When selling your structured settlement, you will need to consider all of the above. It’s essential to speak with a company you trust to offer you a good deal.
How Can I Calculate the Discounted Rate for My Settlement?
The discount rate depends on the present value for all future payments. It also depends on the rate of return. If your structured settlement started when you were a kid, you might not know your full settlement value.
Even if you received your settlement as an adult, it might be challenging to remember the full amount. It can be hard to determine what your case settled for when you are receiving it in smaller payments. Plus, the original amount isn’t too helpful if it’s been several years since your settlement.
The lower the discounted rate, the better it is for you. You can shop around to find a buyer you trust. A funding company can help determine what your settlement is worth based on future payments.
How Can I Get Structured Settlement Funding?
Structured settlements can work in specific situations, such as when the victim is a child. However, lump-sum arrangements are generally much better. With a structured settlement, you’re at the mercy of waiting for each payment.
Structured settlements have become more common since the Periodic Payment Settlement Tax Act of 1982. While they have some benefits, they are usually better for the payer.
If you have a structured settlement but want your full compensation now, we can help. Silver Dollar Financial provides structured settlement funding that is risk-free to you:
- We can offer up to $100,000 from your full settlement value.
- We do not use your credit score during our evaluation process.
- The evaluation process is only three steps, and you could get approval in as little as 24 hours.
- You do not owe anything upfront. You simply pay us back as your structured settlement payments come in.
We understand that life situations change. A structured settlement might end up inconveniencing your life. If you need your settlement money now, we are here to help.
Apply Online Today
Our application process is simple:
- You apply online by clicking Apply Now or by phone at (844) 871-0628. We’ll get some basic information from you.
- We evaluate your application. We’ll contact you or your lawyer if we need more information. Many people hear back in as little as 24 hours.
- After approval, we send your money to your bank account. It is yours to use as you need it.
Instead of a loan, structured settlement funding is a cash advance to yourself. You pay back the funds as your payments come in. There is no need to worry about out-of-pocket costs or complicated formulas.
Apply Now for Pre-Settlement Funding
Apply for Risk-Free Structured Settlement Funding Today
To apply for the funding you deserve today, click Apply Now above. You can complete your application within minutes.
If you have any questions or want to apply by phone, call (844) 871-0628. Our kind and friendly experts are here 24/7 to assist you.