Some NFL players have lost their lives, while others are living with the long-term consequences of having suffered a concussion while playing. In total, there were more than 2,100 victims of concussion in less than a decade. Many of these players and their families are suffering under the financial strain caused by the initial injuries.
Many of these players, or their family members, have filed for settlement under the NFL concussion settlement agreement but are still waiting for the process to be completed in order to secure a settlement. The financial strain is great, which is why an NFL concussion lawsuit loan is a good option.
What Is an NFL Concussion Lawsuit Loan?
The process of getting a settlement from the NFL concussion settlement can be challenging. Testing must be done to verify the presence of an approved disorder, the date of the player’s engagement in the game, and other factors must be verified. In fact, even after a claim is approved, NFL concussion settlement, final payments could potentially take upwards of 60 days to be issued.
A concussion lawsuit loan can be approved much quicker and allows the former player, their family, or their estate to get cash in their hands faster.
Should You Consider a Personal Loan Instead of an NFL Concussion Lawsuit Loan?
While you may have that option, you may wish to reconsider when you weigh your options. Some of the benefits of an NFL concussion lawsuit loan versus a personal loan include:
- No credit checks required
- No separate collateral requirements
- Fast approval times once it is confirmed you qualify
- No explanation of how you intend to use funds required
- No ongoing payments required
Rather than making regular monthly payments, you will pay the full loan amount back upon receipt of your NFL concussion settlement. There is no need to worry about making regular payments while you are waiting for your settlement.
Who Is Eligible for an NFL Concussion Lawsuit Loan?
Many people are surprised to learn who may qualify for an NFL concussion settlement. The same group who qualifies and has hired an attorney to assist them with their claim is eligible. Here are the qualifications to file for a Silver Dollar Financial NFL concussion lawsuit loan:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- You have hired an attorney to handle your case
- Your attorney has determined your case meets the legal threshold for settlement
- Be one of the eligible plaintiffs
- Retired NFL, AFL, NFL Europe League, NFL Europa League, or World League of American Football players
- Players who participated in post-season, pre-season, or regular-season games as part of their job as a member of the roster in these leagues
- Spouses, family members, and children of players who have lost their lives
- Persons who are currently authorized representatives for any player who is legally incapacitated, incompetent, or deceased (estate administrators, or legal guardians)
- Some former players who have not been diagnosed with related conditions but anticipate there is a potential of disease later
- Former players who have been diagnosed with specific conditions approved in the settlement
If you are uncertain about whether you qualify for an NFL concussion settlement lawsuit, contact Silver Dollar Financial immediately. We can review your specific case and help you determine your eligibility.
Potential Settlement Amounts in NFL Concussion Settlements
As part of the NFL concussion settlement, a grid was developed which allowed attorneys and their clients to estimate the value of a plaintiff’s claim. The grid defines the settlement amounts by age group, condition, and claimant type.
Here is a representative of some of the settlement amounts which may be expected for a plaintiff who is 50 years old (please be aware age does change the calculation):
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) – settlements of up to $4.28 million
- Death as a result of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) — settlements of up to $2.71 million
- Parkinson’s Disease — settlements of up to $2.17 million
- Alzheimer’s Disease — settlements of up to $1.91 million
- Level 2 Plaintiff (former player undiagnosed) — settlements of up to $1.51 million
- Level 1.5 Plaintiff (former player diagnosed) — settlements of up to $755,318
Why You May Need an NFL Concussion Lawsuit Loan
If you are waiting for a settlement and you have no income at this time, then chances are bills are mounting up. Your personal expenses do not stop just because you have filed a lawsuit. Your expenses will continue to mount up.
At Silver Dollar Financial, we understand that while most people hear the amount of money a football player’s contract is worth, this often does not tell the full story. While many players have a fairly good pension plan, this is often a serious reduction in the amount a player earns during their career.
However, for players who are younger than 50, many of the benefits of being an NFL retiree are unavailable, meaning they are struggling financially. An NFL concussion lawsuit loan can help you meet your everyday expenses while you are waiting for your settlement.
What Happens If Your NFL Concussion Lawsuit Claim Is Denied?
This is probably the best part of working with Silver Dollar Financial. You get the peace of mind of knowing if you are not successful in securing a settlement, you owe us nothing. We suspect your attorney will appeal any negative decision, but that process also takes time. You need not worry because that does not mean you will owe us extra money either.
At Silver Dollar Financial, when you get your loan approved, you will know exactly how much you will owe when it comes time to repay your loan. No surprises, no extra interest, no penalties for delays in settlement.
How do You Apply for an NFL Concussion Injury Lawsuit Loan?
You can apply easily. Simply fill out an online application, we will contact your lawyer and ask for documentation regarding your lawsuit and the fact a claim has been filed. Once that information has been reviewed and approved, your cash could be in your bank within 24 hours.
Why Should You Use Silver Dollar Financial for an NFL Concussion Settlement Loan?
Silver Dollar Financial has years of experience handling loans for victims of personal injury. We stand on our reputation which is validated by our accreditation by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
When you need cash fast and you are frustrated with the NFL concussion settlement process, you can count on Silver Dollar Financial to get you the cash you need as quickly as possible. Contact Silver Dollar Financial today and get started.